Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Backdated: First Time for Everything

I was talking with my sister the other day. She’s the one who has the job at a well-known movie company, and she’s going to go in and try to get on the crew for a few new movies. When I asked her what they were about, she wouldn’t tell me. It had nothing to do with a NDP or anything like that – no, it had to do with me.

She wouldn’t tell me because I’m the most “plugged in” person she knows.

It never really occurred to me that being connected to the internet the way I am could be a bad thing. I mean, I understand the concern completely – nothing online is ever completely secure, and anybody with strong enough Google-fu can find information on just about anything they want. All it takes is one person at one computer to make the information available to anyone who goes looking – loose lips sink ships and such other appropriate idioms.

Either way, I’ll find out about these movies eventually – if I know my sister, once the release dates roll around, she’ll tell me just how awesome said movies are and that I should go see them. I’m looking forward to that.

Originally posted 4/21/09

No comments:

Post a Comment